Hello, and welcome back to my blog!
Today I am going to be showing you possibly the easiest way to make carbonara. You only need three ingredients and it is quick and easy to make! Also a good way to use up bacon if you have any left over.
You will need:
- Bacon (4 rashers)
- Pasta (normally I cover the bottom of the pan)
- Two squares of cheese
- Salt (to taste)
- Frying pan
- Chopping board
- In a saucepan add the pasta and a pinch of salt. Boil some water in a kettle and add to the saucepan. Boil to packet instructions.
- In the frying pan fry the bacon until it is just brown. When it is cooked place on a chopping board and cut into small slices.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain the water and place the pasta back into the pan. a
- Add the slices of cheese and stir until they are melted. Place in a serving bowl and stir in bacon. Season with pepper to taste.
The carbonara is done! Here is a photo of what mine looked like.
- You do not need to add salt at the end to season as there is already some in the bacon.
- If you do not want to use/ do not have any bacon you can always use ham instead!
- If you boil the water for the pasta in a kettle and then add it to the pan the pasta will cook faster as the water will heat up quicker.
Hope you enjoyed that blog! Next week I will be doing a round up of my first two weeks at university as a year 2 student.
Have a good week!