Exercise, fitness, Gym, Health, Sport

Keeping Fit!

Hi!

We have entered November which means that we’re officially in the final countdown for winter and Christmas time. The weather here in Portsmouth is starting to become a little too cold for my taste, but hey, that’s what Britain is known for, right? Good, old rainy weather! Nonetheless, the weather hasn’t stopped me from keeping my usual routine, which consists of going to lectures and seminars as well as trying to regularly keep my gym schedule, which is what I want to talk about in this post.

wpid-dsc_0048.jpgwpid-20151108_132400.jpg

When I first arrived in Portsmouth to get everything ready for my course and accommodation, one of the first things I did was to sign up for the Early Bird Membership, which is basically an offer for students that register early at the uni’s gym, at a really cheap price of £119 for a whole year, which is just £10 a month! I signed up at the gym near my accommodation, which is the St. Paul’s Gym but there is also another gym facility at the University called Spinnaker Sports Centre, and it’s near to other housing facilities, so all students can have access to the various health and exercise classes and special offers that both gyms organize such as cardio cycling and piloxing (a mix of pilates, boxing and dance). There is also the Langstone Sports Site, which is used mostly for rugby and football games, among other sports.

I’ve realized that everyone needs to keep themselves fit and healthy as much as possible because being a student and away from home, we all tend to go crazy with our eating habits and consume more than we need to without even realizing it. Furthermore, most students tend to go out quite frequently at the clubs and social events at night and usually go back to their rooms in the early hours of morning, which can be harmful to the body’s metabolism. Therefore, keeping a regime routine in your weekly schedule is extremely important to maintain not only a good body, but also a clear head with the appropriate nutrients and a logical sleeping schedule.

In summary, everyone needs to take care of themselves whilst studying, because lots of students tend to get stressed and anxious about their lessons , but having a programme of how to be healthy is vital and also helps with building determination and discipline. Additionally, you also get to have an awesome beach body in the summer and who doesn’t want that? 😉

So what is your everyday regime of being healthy and fit? Does that include going to the gym?

XOXO Ntina

2 thoughts on “Keeping Fit!

1. Hey, great post! I totally agree that fitness and health is really important but I only really started to realise this in my final year of uni because student life took a toll on my metabolism. So I started to go to the gym. I admit that it can be hard to keep motivated- sometimes I can be going to the gym every day and other times I can go weeks without going. So I also started signing up to running events to keep me motivated to exercise and also achieve something by running a big distance and winning a medal!

I’m interested to know more about your routine, maybe which classes you do and how you keep motivated and eat healthily with maybe some tips with how to keep at it as especially in winter in the cold it can be hard to stay motivated when all you want to do is curl up in bed and watch Netflix xD Maybe an idea for a future post 🙂