Course, Portsmouth

MA Digital Marketing… What is it?

Ciao!

So, as I’m slowly getting deeper into the first semester of my postgraduate year and more in depth in my course, my first assignment’s due date is reaching and I think that I’m kind of nervous but more excited overall to hand in my first assignment! I have about another week to go, but I still need to focus and give in a great essay.

If you don’t know already, I am studying MA Digital Marketing,  a course I really wanted to get involved to as soon as I saw it on the university’s postgraduate course list, since I have always been passionate about all things related to Internet , online marketing , social media and of course blogging! So far my course has been all about marketing theories, analyzing systems of a marketing plan as well as a few business concepts but pretty soon we’re going to start working on practical tasks and applications, such as Photoshop since the university has very gratefully given us MacBook Air laptops to work on! (yep, you read that right 🙂 ).

I basically have only two classes for each semester and in this one, I’m currently studying for Essentials of Marketing as well as Digital Marketing Strategy Development and Management. They sound hard, but both are extremely interesting and I personally have learnt a lot so far about marketing that I didn’t know even existed!   Essentials of Marketing is more or less about the most important theories of marketing in depth, while in the Digital Marketing Strategy Development and Management class we are currently analyzing the different systems that marketing has to analyze and promote a company’s elements and characteristics. By the end of this semester, we will also have to present business proposals to clients as a part of our project for this specific tutorial – so the pressure is really on!

Next semester I’m going to be attending another two classes called Digital Media Development & Application and Contemporary Issues in Marketing, which I don’t have much to say about them since they haven’t started! However, judging from their names, the first one is regarding the different applications that we’re going to use on the Macbook through marketing prospectives, while the second one will be examining the current trends in the marketing world.

Summarising, MA Digital Marketing is extremely intriguing and stimulating for anyone that is interested in modern – day marketing. From my point of view,  I’m learning so much about this field, so I would definitely recommend it to anyone that wants a career in marketing as this specific program is incredibly diverse with great support from professors.

wpid-wp-1445110249724.jpeg

I know it’s irrelevant but I wanted to share with you a selfie of my friends and classmates on Saturday(17/10) , where we went to Pitcher and Piano restaurant in Southampton! Great times 🙂

XOXO Ntina

One thought on “MA Digital Marketing… What is it?

1. Pingback: Fun Week! :) | The world of ntina