Uncategorized

My 2014 Round Up & Resolutions

Since 2007 I have kept a round up of my year; following me through school, sixth form, college and now university and looking back through my progress and how I’ve changed and rounded as a person is a really great feeling!
So, I thought 2014 shouldn’t be any different and here is my round up of the year…

This year
P1000327Looking back on last year a lot has changed; both for my personality, my hobbies, my lifestyle and my friendships. Some I’m happy with, some I’m thoughtful upon but I wouldn’t change any for the world. Everything I have partaken in this year has been a learning experience and an eye-opener.

This year I donned myself in fancy clothes for a ball, had a live radio show exam, took part in a 24 hour broadcast, directed a TV show, filmed for my documentary, had one of the best birthdays I’ve ever had, found a new love of cooking and different types of food, went to help film the Bupa Great South Run, saw McBusted, filmed for the Rio Ferdinand Foundation, wore lots of red lipstick, was featured in a recognised television magazine (twice!), fell in love with Brighton again, moved into my second house, lost both my bikes, vac-packed a giant sandwich, got heatstroke, cared less and – quite frankly – enjoyed more.I also decided to get a bit more healthy which I’m really pleased with (she says whilst munching on sweets).

Though I travelled less this year I felt more independent than ever. A few years ago walking to a shop on my own was alien to me but now I can happily stroll up town and feel good. I also discovered that it’s easy to hate but so much better to get on with my life and spend less time worrying. Feeling independent is truly a wonderful thing; as is learningDSC_0138 to not hate. My hope for 2015 is to spend less time focussing on the past and the future and to only concern myself with the present and the 24 hours infront of me. For a planner like me, this is difficult, but I’m determined.

A huge high for me this year was my birthday. I had the most wonderful day surrounded by Uni friends and drink and went home to a valley of presents (which I’m extremely grateful for) that I had to solve clues to obtain! Not only this but I went back to Essex to spend time with my closest friends and rounded up my 23rd birthday with a trip to Brighton! It was a truly memorable one.

What I’ve learnt

• Friendships have ups and downs. I’ve mentioned this in the past but I think it’s important to note that I’m still learning. People change; for the better and for the worst. It’s ok to let go of friendships and it’s also ok to keep hold of ones as long as they’re still healthy.
  • 10583149_10152361338238752_86499385_nIndependence. Building on the independence I learnt last year I trust myself so much more with decisions, confrontation and advice. I no longer find I rely on others for opinions on personal issues and I think this is a huge learning curve.
  • If you put your mind to it you can change anything. A few months into the year I set myself a challenge and a change and I’ve done well. It’s important to set goals and re-assess them to see how far you’ve come.. and if you don’t manage to achieve them it’s about seeing why and accepting what could be done better next time.
  • Finally, I will not always get along with someone. Friendships might not always be maintained. People won’t always put in as much energy as I will and vice versa. I may have to be polite for work/argument’s sake. This is a part of life and always will be and I’m quite happy with that.

Resolutions

• Write more.
  • Read more.
  • Explore more.
  • Enjoy every opportunity.
  • Continue being happy and healthy.
  • A little extra one – give up chocolate for a week and fizzy drinks for a month (at least). Not likely really but I thought I’d try a challenge!

201314

One thought on “My 2014 Round Up & Resolutions