Free time

A belated birthday!

So at the end of September I turned the grand old age of 23! I’d spent my last two birthdays pretty disastrously by trying to organise a big event and it failed miserably so I attempted to keep it low key this year but in fact celebrated in three different ways! Hopefully this brings you some ideas as to what you could do for your birthday – if not, it’s just an excuse to have a nosy at what I got up to!

I spent my first 5A2lot of celebrations at University where my best friend decided to plonk two pages on me that said “I am 2 3 today” – these fitted nicely on my collar! Between lectures I’d preplanned to go to the pub (we had 3 hours to kill) and was expecting a turn out of about 5 or so people. In actual fact around 20/25 people turned up and this made me so happy! I bought several birthday drinks and had several lovely pictures with wonderful people.. after my later lecture (note that I don’t encourage anyone to go to the pub before a lecture, birthday or no birthday) I went home for a well-earned nap. IT was then that I was made a 2 course meal (mozerella and tomato salad and chicken and veg which I’ll be posting a recipe of soon) and opened my presents. I also took part in a mini adventure whereby I had to answer clues and complete challenges to receive my presents.
All in all I had the best day and am so grateful for the company, the wonderful surprises and the fun and laughter that was had!

5B2I then took my birthday back to my hometown of Southend in Essex where I celebrated with 3 of my closest friends by heading .. once again to the pub! (I’m a pub-goer, what can I say?) I had a lovely night catching up with old friends and spent the remainder of the evening tucked up with an old fashioned sleepover.. with copious amounts of sweets, crisps and chocolate. If I could encourage anyone to visit their friends at home around their birthday time it really is a lovely way to celebrate and reminisce over however long you’ve known each other (12 years in my case)!

5C2The final way I spent my birthday was my popping to Brighton for a few days with one of my closest friends. We spent the first day shopping in the main shops and then went for dinner at the Harvester (I got a free birthday sundae!) followed by drinks and a stroll through the Laines. Where we stayed had no wifi or TV so we decided to make up our own old fashioned game of Mastermind which was nice to revert back into when we’re not all sucked up into the world of tweeting about how much fun we’re having.. rather than just having fun! The next day was spent in the Laines where I spent some of my birthday money and then we went to the beach and arcades for a bit before stopping off at the Harvester again (it really is a great food outlet) and then getting the train back.

Overall I had an amazing 23rd birthday – probably the best birthday I’ve had so far!
Hopefully this has given you an idea of things you can do for your birthday with friends old and new!