Free time, Other University Factors

Work Hard, Play Hard …

I have learnt a lot over the last couple of months and have a lot on my plate at the moment. I am really enjoying the placement experience and all that it’s throwing at me.

There’s a lot more to reception than meets the eye and the eight hour shifts I’m doing just don’t seem to be long enough to fit everything in. I must be doing something right as I was announced employee of the month for February and my picture hangs for all to see in the Lobby of the hotel.

Having this behind me has given me confidence in my role, its also drawn attention from passing guests. However my job isn’t the only thing I’m wanting to excel in. Heading into my final year is daunting enough, especially when I’ve had a year in the world of work, away from it all. We had a placement review day some months back and it got me thinking about my dissertation, the tip was to start early so here I am. So far I’ve picked a general path for my project to go down and I’ve started reading around the subject to get more of a base for it. I want a topic I can relate too, enjoy and have some first hand experience to write about.

Focus is key at the moment but I’m glad I get time to play hard too. Last Thursday work put on a bowling night which ended up in a club (no idea) but it was a fabulous night out. Its good to know the people I work with are a bit of a laugh and a little bit crazy .. like me.