Course, Free time, Island Experience, Nightlife, Study, The city

Snow Day!

I got up at 6.30am this morning, not because of my anticipation of snow, but because today I was going to start working in some local school projects I am involved in with the University. At 7am I groggily peered out into the darkness of a winter morning, and continued on autopilot to get myself ready for a busy day ahead. As light appeared at 8am, the situation became apparent to me – SNOW!

As it happens, both my appointments were cancelled, which is of course a little sad. But at the same time I am relieved to have a day all to myself. At least I’m up and ready, and I have the day ahead of me to be productive, to scratch off a couple of items on my ‘to-do list’.

Snow causes disruption to our lives, and that’s exactly why I like it. It makes the day feel special, a little different. Routine is good, but a few days of snow provides an excuse to stay at home, to be different. Trains are cancelled, schools are closed, and people are delayed. A snow day is a day on which we can be late, and not worry because we know that everyone else is affected in the same way.

When you wake up in the morning to find your world covered in a cool frosting of white, it’s a reminder that things don’t always go to plan. A practical joke from nature to tell us that all the meetings and assignments and stresses of life can wait for the ice to melt. Today is a snow day, so relax for a change!

2 thoughts on “Snow Day!

1. zephyria says:

I like this “snowy blog”, Blake! XD

Especially, I like u used the word “groggily” and ” a cool frosting of white”. I don’t think I would have thought about these if I were u. so wrote it ftw, man! Good for u!

btw, I read news and it seems that all the Europe is snowing.
    Take care! (∩_∩)

2. zephyria says:

I guess what matters is not is there anyone reads ur blog, but the process of ur writing. I wrote a lot in my QQ Zone( Chinese version Myspace) and my friends just commented on some of them. But I don’t think those didn’t get comment is a failure for me, I took down my life and my feelings, so every time I look back, I can see it through my blog.

So, don’t worry about those guys who comment or not, just be urself and let ur inspiration flow as it does.

Cheer up, alpha man!

XD