Christmas, Free time, Work experience

Christmas break.

So Christmas is finally here! I was really looking forward to the break, but when I think about how much work I need to be doing over the three suposedly free weeks, it makes me sad…

The last week of term was busy, but I actually had a lot of fun. On Tuesday I did my last shift of the year at the Salisbury hospital. I’m glad I don’t have to wake up so early anymore, but at the same time it has become a routine thing, so it feels weird when I wake up every Tuesday morning and the clock doesn’t say 6.30am…

Wednesday was the day when I had an induction for my new placement, which I am hoping to start as soon as I can in the new year. The placement is at the Kingston prison in Portsmouth, where I will be assisting with art sessions. Because this will involve working with so called “vulnerable population”, I need to undergo a thorough security check, which can take quite a long time (usually around 4-6 weeks). I am very excited about doing this.

Thursday consisted of another trip to Salisbury for a team meeting, which I thought was really worth attending as everyone got to say what they thought of the project, and we found out about the new developments. Later that evening my friends and I had a lovely Christmas dinner which involved very nice food (cooked by Maria and Richard – thank you!), christmas games, colouring in, dragon and A LOT of mulled wine. It felt like real Christmas and at that moment I honestly didn’t want to go back home.

But the real Christmas is now here and it feels equally as good. For my family, Christmas starts on Christmas Eve, so we are starting our feast tonight! This also means I get to open my presents tonight!

While I’m typing this, I can smell all the amazing food that my mum has been cooking over the last couple of days. I guess it’s time to set the table…

I wish you allย  Merry Christmas! Make sure you spend quality time with your family!

4 thoughts on “Christmas break.

1. Sundance says:

Dear Maria,

Nice to meet you~Merry Chrsitmas~I can tell you had a fab Christmas day~How

exciting!

Hope your study of next term will go smoothly. Although your study is quiet hard, I can

tell you’re reaaaally enjoying it.

I’m a Chinese girl and I’m in New Zealand now. Probably, I would go to your university

next year to be an exchange student(70%possibility ๐Ÿ™‚ ). A few days ago, I’ve

experienced my first Xmas in a foreign country. That was very special to me. I sat on

Santa’s knees and got a big hug!

I reckon the Xmas in Kiwi is quiet different from yours in particular Kiwi’s Christmas is in

summer, How silly~

P.S. I hope I can make friends with you. Also, I’m looking forward to seeing you at

portsmouth uni.

• Hi, thanks for checking out my blog!
      It’s good to hear you’re considering Portsmouth for University – I’m sure that if you get here, you are really going to enjoy it ๐Ÿ™‚

If you have any questions you can always drop me a comment ๐Ÿ™‚