Course, The Galleon

The D word.

It’s official. I can’t keep denying it and longing for the days when I lived at Langstone and I was only 19. I am a third year student. I’m graduating next summer (unless something goes terribly wrong…) and it’s finally happening: the dissertation.

Thankfully I chose a dissertation topic that I’m really interested in and I’m lucky enough to have a great supervisor, so it’s going well so far, but I don’t want to spend too long talking about it just in case it goes really badly (and you’ll be looking back at this, pitying me for ever thinking it would go well). I’d say as long as you make sure you do at least a little bit towards your dissertation every day, you’ll be okay. Then you’ll avoid ever feeling as though you haven’t done any work and there shouldn’t be a huge mountain of work that’ll come crashing down around you one tragic day in the library.

Another thing that’s taking up a lot of my time at the minute is my new position as the Music Editor of The Galleon. If you haven’t picked up a copy of the university paper before make sure you do because it’s a pretty good read (especially the Music section!) and the amount of work that the whole team puts in to it is ridiculous. I’m so busy with it all at the minute but I think I’m just about getting my head around it all at the minute.

If you’re interested in writing for the Music section of the paper e-mail me at music@galleonnews.com!