Free time, The city

Sunshine, sunglasses & sunburn. Ouch.

Now that I’ve finished uni for the year I’ve got a couple of weeks to spare and I’ve been able to spend a lot of time in Portsmouth just chilling out and stuff. Portsmouth really is a beautiful place once you know your way around and chilling out in Ravelin Park or by Southsea Seafront is awesome, cheap, and fun, just don’t forget your sun cream. I’ve got a serious case of sunburn at the minute and I have nobody to blame for myself!

If you don’t mind spending a bit of money you can play mini golf. Once you’ve finished the game you can try and fire your golf ball at a certain hole and if you get it in you win a free game. My Dad won last time so he gave me his voucher and, after nabbing my free game, I managed to win another free one! It’s a pretty good investment if you’ve got a good aim.

Here’s a photo of me posing rather than playing:

On an other note, I know that by the end of the year (or, for me, by Christmas) budgeting can be a tricky subject, and I have to admit that I’m not very good at it, but one of the ways I’ve kept myself entertained is by getting books out of the uni library. I know I have to read throughout the year but it’s no fun never having time to read what I’d really like to and I’m finally getting the chance to read a couple of things I’ve wanted to read for a while.

In terms of money I’ve managed to get a temp job for the 2nd/3rd June working at the Vintage Fair at the Historic Dockyard. It’s only bar work but every bit of money helps (and I’ve never done bar work so it should be interesting). I know people struggle to find jobs whilst at uni (I know I’ve spent many deflating days at Gunwharf getting CVs turned down again and again) but if you keep persevering, you’re bound to find something. You’ve just got to make sure you throw yourself at every opportunity – without letting work get in the way of what’s most important, of course, your degree.