Course, Free time, The Galleon

Where did second year go?!

Times going so quickly!

Adding to the stress of my workload, I went to the library this evening only to find they were having network problems and I couldn’t log even log on to a computer. It’s great that there’s so much IT support at the university but it’s a shame when the inevitable happens and from time to time there are technical difficulties. It meant I couldn’t do any work today as the essays I’m currently writing are all on the uni network (I know I should really have saved them on my laptop as well, oops)!

Today I also had a job interview to be a Student Marketing Assistant at the uni. It’d be pretty cool to get it. Firstly, it’s always nice to feel like someone thinks you’re good enough to do a job and secondly, I’d really enjoy promoting the university to prospective students. Fingers crossed!

Also this week is The Galleon’s AGM. I’m going to attend but I’m not running for anything as I’ll be running for Music Editor in September, something I care a lot more about and I believe I’d be really good at. Speaking of The Galleon, I interviewed and reviewed one of my favourite bands last week for them. You can read the interview and review on The Galleon’s web site here:

http://www.galleonnews.com/author/kathryn-black/

Getting involved in Student Media really opens up a whole load of opportunities and I’ve really enjoyed it so far. I’d definitely recommend it to others.

3 thoughts on “Where did second year go?!

1. Blake says:

Nice link to your music reviews. Perhaps Noah and the Whale will be one of those bands who produce one very well remembered song and then are forgotten.
    Must admit though, I didn’t quite understand the title of this post…

2. Kathryn says:

That’s fair enough. I think I was trying to be funny and catch people’s eyes but obviously the joke was lost on you (and maybe others as well).

3. ShakeyB says:

There’s nothing wrong with a bit of sarcasm, and the original title did catch my eye… but I must warn you, I am easily confused!

Congrats on the Best Critic award and with the Music Editor position. Looking forward to reading your excellent posts next year!