Course, Music

Waking Up Too Early, Maybe We Could Sleep In

Hi all.

I just thought I’d better post an update. There are loads of things I could write about, but everything just seems very hectic at the moment! It’s not that the second semester is any harder than the first (it isn’t any easier, mind you!), but I just feel really exhausted at the moment. Maybe I’m still settling into routine. There’s a lot on my mind and I’m already starting to think about next year. We’ve just had to submit our unit choices for year two, and yesterday I attended a meeting on work experience and teaching placements – something I might like to do in the second year.

I really can’t believe that we’re near the end of February already. In only a couple of months I’ll have completed the first year! Of course, I’m looking forward to the summer, but before then there’ll be another set of essays and exams.

I’m still really enjoying the classes, but I’ll admit some mornings I really don’t want to get out of bed. But I force myself to, because I want to get the most out of my education. And once I’m there, it’s always nice to see the lecturers and other students, and then it doesn’t seem so bad at all. Until the next morning…

I’ve used the lyrics of a song by a favourite artist of mine for the title of this post, by Hawaiian born singer-songwriter Jack Johnson. ‘Banana Pancakes’ featured on my favourite album of his, In Between Dreams, from 2005. And seeing as it’s Shrove Tuesday today, this song couldn’t be more apt!