Course, Work experience

Semester 2

I haven’t written here in a while, but in my defence I had a lot going on.

Semester 2 has started and things are moving fast again. I can’t believe it’s already been two weeks. I already got used to my new timetable though 🙂 I only have one 9am start, however this is only temporary as this particular lecture is all about dissertations and how to get started. In a couple of weeks this serie of lectures will end, giving me an extra day off.

It actually scares me a bit, thinking about dissertations already. I have less than a month to choose my supervisor, and a little bit more to come up with a research proposal. The worst thing is that I have no idea whatsoever about what I want to do for my final year project. Psychology is such a broad subject…

Hopefully my new elective will help me to narrow my choices down a little at least! I’m currently doing research based learning module, which is basically getting involved in real psychological research. For now, I’m preparing the materials needed to carry it out, but soon I’ll be given a green light to actually run the study! 🙂 I’m glad I’m not the one who will have to analyse the results and write up the report – I’m just collecting the data.

Overall, things are looking good. I’m happy with my placement for the elective. I should be starting my work experience soon, now that my CRB check FINALLY came through (after some delays within the hospital), and I’m really looking forward to this. I’m also very excited about my summer plans, which are getting closer to finalising every day 🙂

It’s looking like it’s gonna be a very good semester.