Clubs and societies, Course, Free time, Pugwash, The Galleon

The never-ending list of things to do.

Sorry I haven’t written in a while, but it’s been a pretty hectic few weeks!

In the last week I have gone back to uni and I have to say I love the units I’m doing this semester already. I had a seminar for one titled “Publics and Privates: Literary Sexualities, 1700-1830” and, as hilarious as it was, I don’t think I can repeat some of the things we were discussing in class, on this blog, as it’s just all way too X-rated.

I’ve also handed in my option form for next year and have started to think about my disseration topic, so it’s all getting a bit scary now!

On Tuesday I went to see one of my favourite bands (Four Year Strong) at the Wedgewood Rooms. It’s great having such a cool venue so close to my house and I’m reviewing the show for The Galleon (previously known as Pugwash News) so make sure you check it out in the next issue which is out on the 15th February.

I have a review of Maverick Sabre’s newest album in the latest edition and I managed to sneak a little bit of Twin Atlantic and Frank Turner, who are brilliant artists, in there too. I love being able to spread the word about music I care about.

Other than that I’ve been busy applying for work experience for the summer here there and everywhere. I really want to get into journalism and writing of some sort and I know we’ve all been told at least a hundred times this year alone that just having a degree isn’t enough to get you a good job nowadays.

Finally, it’s Refreshers Fayre tomorrow so I’ll be there with the UPSU Rock Society from 11-3. It’s a bit of an inconvenient time as we’ve all got lectures, but there will be free pizza so, hey, we can’t complain!

See you around x

2 thoughts on “The never-ending list of things to do.

1. Blake says:

I picked up a copy of the Galleon and was really impressed with the new, professional look – the name suits it really well!
    I look forward to reading your review, Kathryn.

I always feel kind of bad when I queue up again for a second (or third) slice of pizza. I’m never sure if you’re meant to get more or not, but it’s so hard to resist free pizza!