Free time, Nightlife, The city

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

Once the coursework is done and out of the way, it’s time to relax 🙂

On thursday night my housemate Claudia and I went to the Wedgewood Rooms to see one of my all-time favourite bands – Red Jumpsuit Apparatus (check them out >here<). The night didn’t start very well – it was cold and it was raining; definitely not the ideal conditions to walk to Albert Road all the way from Fratton.

Anyway… The opening act was a UK band called Failsafe and I have to say, they were really good! If I wasn’t broke, I would have definitely gotten their album at the end of the night. They warmed the crowd up in time for Hawthorne Heights to come on. I remember I kept hearing about them when I was at school as my friends listened to them, but I never knew their music. Now that I’ve actually checked them out,  I know  that they sound so much better live!

However, none of these bands were what I was there for…

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. I must have been in Year 9 or 10 when I first heard of them and I loved them since day 1! I never thought I’d be able to see them live, so when I heard they were coming to Portsmouth I knew I had to be there 🙂

I was expecting a lot from the performance and, let me tell you, I was not disappointed! The opened with one of my favourite songs, and from then on it was only getting better and better. Definitely the best performance of the night and, oh my! The energy! Both from the band and the crowd! Surely, it was one of the best nights in Portsmouth so far 🙂

Here are some photos I took:

By the way, that voluntary post at Salisbury Hospital – I got it! 🙂

And to finish off, type “let it snow” into Google 😉

2 thoughts on “Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

1. Ilin says:

Wow, I had no idea that RJA were coming here! I’m not a solid fan by any means, but I do enjoy their music and find the uncomfortably long name of the band amusing. Since I’ve never been to a real concert of any band that I like, I envy you a bit 😉

• Haha, yeah, their name it’s rather funny. I’m like, what were you thinking when you were choosing that name?! 😉 But they make good music, so it’s okay.